Sunday, September 6, 2009

Orange Chicken- Easy Peasy



Chicken has become a staple in our family diet.  Being low in fat, cholesterol and calories yet a good source of protein, makes chicken a healthy option.   Oh my, it can be boring without changing it up a bit.  With a busy schedule yesterday and making a vow that I would have somewhat of a relaxing weekend I opened the fridge and this idea popped into my head.  It was a hit that required very little effort on my part!


Ingredients:
chicken breasts/or tenders
salt 
pepper
paprika (I used Hungarian Sweet Paprika)
Sugar Free orange marmalade


Place chicken on shallow baking pan.  I like to cover pan with foil for quick clean-up.
Season the chicken to taste with salt, pepper and paprika.
Coat each piece of chicken with a heaping teaspoon of marmalade.
Bake at 350 F for 50 minutes (for large breasts as in photo)


A touch of the warm, tangy sauce created in the pan was delicious over the brown rice.
Print

2 comments:

Danetta said...

Thanks for posting this! I am going to pick up ingredients to make it this week.

Jackie said...

Let me know how you like it.